type 89 (89 90Q) instrument cluster

Huw Powell audi at humanspeakers.com
Sat Nov 19 13:44:26 EST 2005

OK, so a hydraulic hose blew out on my loader, so I went to go ask my
local nursery guy who might be able to make hoses on a Saturday
afternoon.  Then I noticed my speedo wasn't working, which it has
sometimes done intermittently of late.  Usually a quick tap would bring
it back to life.  Not this time.  Also, the temp and fuel gauges and
tach are down.  "everything else" in the cluster seems ok.

I have the Bentley to look for common points to repair if it's a bad
circuit board type problem, but if anyone has "been in there and done
that" wants to shorten the troubleshooting time for me, that would be cool.

Huw Powell