Window regulator. AC compressor, cable & lifter pivot woes cobram at
Fri Sep 9 00:01:34 EDT 2005

Regulator complete with motor cost about $100 brand new the last time I
bought one, they've probably gone up a bit with the weak dollar.  Even at
twice the price for the part, I can't see $700 labor for this.  The
Dealer?  Plenty in the archives, most people would rather have teeth
pulled than take their car to the dealer, sometimes even under

If you can't/don't want to do the work yourself, find a decent
independent shop.  Besides being a helluva lot cheaper, the euro-car
independent (believe it or not) will probably have much more experience
and knowledge of your car than the authorized dealer.

God's a kid with an ant farm, lady. He's not planning anything.