84 4KQ power steering hose

Jim Dupree jdupree914 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 28 15:09:29 EDT 2005

The hose you describe is the supply hose from the
reservoir to the pump, it is not a pressure hose. It
has a crimped fitting from the factory but you can
carefully cut the old crimp off and you can buy bulk
hose and use a standard hose clamp. I've done several
of them. Someone included a link to an online supplier
but it was for a pressure hose. Make sure you are
ordering the hose you need.
Good Luck

--- Kent McLean <kentmclean at mindspring.com> wrote:

> > Is there a good source for a supply power steering
> hose, this is the one 
> > that goes from the bottom of the reservoir to the
> top of the pump.
> You should be able to find a local hydraulics place
> (think
> semi-trailer truck repair, John Deere, Caterpillar)
> that can
> take your old hose, pull the metal fittings off of
> it, and
> put the fittings on to the new hose. I've seen
> people quote
> $40-50 for the PS hoses on the Type 44.
> --
> Kent McLean
> '94 100 S Avant, "Moody"
> '89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy" up in smoke
> _______________________________________________
> quattro mailing list
> quattro at audifans.com
> http://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/quattro

More information about the quattro mailing list