5KTQ: R&R fuel pump

L DC ldc007usa at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 10:46:02 EDT 2006

Does the R&R of fuel pump on '86 5KTQ require special

I read the file on miller's website and it mentions
the need for tool 3214 but for vehicles year '89 and
on equipped with MC engines.

"Audi made a running change in 1989 on the MC engined
cars and replaced the old tripod mount with the newer
plastic "bucket" mout," thus requiring the need of
tool 3214.

Does this mean I won't have to worry about tool 3214
in order to R&R fuel pump?

Would I require any other special tool instead to do
the job?

Also, does anyone know the best place, price wise, to
get a fuel pump?

Thanks for you input.

Do You Yahoo!?