Making the bumpers black again...

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at
Wed Aug 2 09:12:05 EDT 2006

John Cody Forbes <cody at> wrote:What  I'm trying to accomplish is making the black bits of the bumpers on my  Red 5k-t-q look decent. They weren't too bad until I made the mistake  of using tire shine on them. With fresh tire shine they looked like a  million bucks, but 2 weeks later they are now very gray and faded  looking. The side panels on the doors are still looking good, but I'm  betting whatever the end solution is for the bumpers can be applied to  them also.

Cody, a relatively common discussion topic for those of us with late-model MGB's with big black rubber bumpers. See -,407503,407629#msg-407629
  Dan D
  '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
  Central NJ USA