Communist Audis!

Evan Parker Evan at
Sun Aug 6 14:09:29 EDT 2006

near the bottom of this page, there's some info

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Jim Jordan
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 2:07 PM
To: cobram at
Cc: quattro at
Subject: RE: Communist Audis!

My experience with dies, machinery, etc. is limited;  however, I think
stamping dies "wear out" and have to be replaced often to keep the form,
fit, and funtion acceptable.  That applies in spades to the body
I suspect that the Chinese "went to school" on this technology transfer
the result is in the cars that they're marketing outside of China.

Jim Jordan

quattro mailing list
quattro at
Watch this space for ads :)