NAC: The Tightest Lug Nuts Ever

TooManyAudis at TooManyAudis at
Mon Aug 14 12:41:03 EDT 2006

Here's my far less eloquent attack on a 200q20v crankshaft  pulley.

I always put a jackstand under the socket extension near the breaker bar  to
prevent twisting on the bolt head and socket.  I do this with for the  wheel
bolts when doing suspension work or replacing an axle shaft as well.   All four
tires on the ground for either of these, to prevent a nasty  fall.
May not matter much, but a rounded bolt head would be a huge bummer in  these
two places.
Out of curiosity, has anyone broken a breaker bar doing this kind of  work?
Last time I did a timing belt job, the breaker bar seemed like it  was under
far more strain than my trusty craftsman 1/2-in ratcheting socket  wrench.
-- Tom
91 200q 20v up for grabs
88 80q running strong, although tires need daily air injection