Blower Fan doesn't Blow

SJ syljay at
Tue Aug 22 08:48:30 EDT 2006

> From: "mboucher at Boucher" <mboucher70 at>
> Subject: Blower Fan doesn't Blow
> Just started day one of a vacation road-trip.  An our after leaving today
> the blower fan just stopped.  Tried turning it on and off to no avail.  A
> few hours later it restarted mysteriously.
**** You are referring to the HVAC blower(climate control). The engine
cooling fan is sometimes referred to as the blower also.
The brushes are worn down. The brushes are grimy, The brushes stick and dont
make contact. Go over a bump - it works. Go over another bump - it dont

You can fix it temporarily with a WD-40 clean. My "temporary" fix is now on
its 2nd year.
I posted the fix >
Evenutally, you need to get a new blower motor.

85 Dodge PU, D-250, 318, auto
85 Audi 4k - - sold but still on the road
88 Audi 5kq
90 Audi 100q

Checked by AVG Free Edition.