Ignition key doesn't spring back after starting ....

Fay Kelley iceisit at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 01:34:14 EST 2006

Recently replaced ignition switch ....

now when I turn the key a week later, it will not spring back into
the place it should be.
The lights, etc., will not work unless I manually return the key to
the position it should return to with some sort of spring.

Is that most likely the housing or the lock cylinder ?

It is a big project to take the dash off again ... would it be better
to just replace both parts while it is off?

Cheers,  Fay

Free info on buying and selling your home
   with absolutely no obligation ~