NAC - Exotic Cars in NY State (Museum)

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at
Wed Feb 22 10:49:19 EST 2006

David Kase <davekase at> wrote:  I read in R&T or C&D a month or so ago about a museum in NY state that
has extremely rare exotic cars on display.  Cars such as the Enzo, 959,
Ford GT, McLaren F1 and so on.
I have searched the internet and have not been able to locate this
place.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Dave, that would be the Saratoga Automobile Museum -
  As it happens, I was there a couple of weeks ago - my parents live in  Saratoga Springs. My younger son and I went to check out the cars - it  was great! They have all of the 'later' cars (Z06, GT, Mercedes McLaren  SLR, Murielago, Enzo, Saleen S7, Jaguar XJ220, Carrera GT) in the same  room, which makes for a stunning display. They have the 959 as well,  and my son's favorite, the Amphicar.
  It's a great little museum, they have 3 or so different exhibits each  year (they also have a bunch of old racings cars on display now) along  with a dozen or so permanent cars. They also sponsor a bunch of lawn  shows each year - the British show is pretty good, it's usually the  week-end after July 4th.
  Dan D
  '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
  Central NJ USA