should I buy an older Quattro wagon/Avant?

Brendan mailinglist at
Wed Jan 18 02:04:07 EST 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:20, JordanVw at wrote:
> In a message dated 1/17/06 11:03:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, Brendan <
> mailinglist at>writes:
> >I know I'll get killed for saying this, but get a Subaru wagon. They are
> cheap
> >and good for this purpose. Not up to Audi standards, but for under a
> > grand, you'll be hard-pressed to find anything.
> ------(snip...long winded story omitted :<)----------------
> Subarus are reliable..  their awd system is bulletproof.
> but...
> for the most part..they are BORING  :<)   (except for the WRX sti or the
> consider those..))

Who cares if it's boring? Wasn't she just looking to drive a dog down a few
muddy roads to the park? She said under a grand, and you just don't find an
ok Audi ride for that...You can own both brands, and still survive...;-)