#@$!$%^ing "ultranators"

Huw Powell audi at humanspeakers.com
Thu Jan 19 22:17:16 EST 2006

> Just smack a $10 external regulator from your FLAPS on it and be done
> with it. If the rest of the alternator is working well, a regulator
> failure shouldn't get your panties in a knot...

Would you mind explaining how to "just slap" one on?  At the very least,
the old VR has to be gutted and tapped into, since it is also the brush

I realize it "can" be done, and is one way to get a good 14.5 volts if
you need it, but it is not a trivial exercise - and certainly shouldn't
be necessary when one has bought a fancy alternator touted to overcome
the voltage/current issues people run into with some of these cars.

Huw Powell