My keys are hiding from me!!!

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at
Thu Jul 6 08:24:19 EDT 2006

Steve Meyer <quattroslm at> wrote:   OK, I'd hate to say that I actually lost my one and
only key to my 4kq, so let's just say it's playing
hide and seek with me and it's winning. So, how would
I get a new key to the car? Does the factory make them
from VIN numbers or am I screwed?
BTW...I know I should have multiple copies, but I
rarely take the key out of the car. So, no lectures
on how stupid I am for only having one key, which is
also the case for my that's really
How about a lecture on how dumb it is to leave the key in the car...?
  Dan D
  '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
  Central NJ USA