Racing in the streets

Geraint Lloyd geraintlloyd_qc at
Wed Jun 7 10:03:48 EDT 2006

To be honnest, I can't see what the fuss is about
Everyone in Paris drives like that

i remember doing 100kmh  down the Boul Champs Elysées
last year and
still being overtaken by people on scooters.
I was in my golf  GTI "paris assault vehicle" -
160bhp, stiff shocks,
roll cage, crappy paint job, UK plates (immune to
french radar cameras).

Seriously though,
a good film.
thanks for that
the speeds in Jason's link look reasonable. It means
that he was only
over the ton (mph) along Foche, the champs elysées and
maybe the bit
along the river before he slotted left into the
louvre. the rest was
looks like just "insane speed" instead of "completely
lucky he didn't stuff it into the back of a dustbin
truck a few times

Geraint Lloyd
People's Republic of Canadia
'89 200 TQA MCII