Talking to an Audi rep, and Diesels in the US

L DC ldc007usa at
Fri May 12 16:49:42 EDT 2006

Based on my travels around certain parts of the world,
I have come to the conclusion that we get the
crappiest cars imported into the US, not to mention
American marques; no offense to anyone but that seems
to be a fact.

In a recent trip to Latin America, I got to see the
new generation of TDI automobiles from high end as
Mercedes to Toyota and Nissans. Hey, even Kia, Hyundai
and Daewoo got nice TDI cars!!!

Sold in the US as a gas guzzler Lexus GX470, in Latin
America is sold as the Toyota Prado.

Prado: Turbo Diesel, AWD, 5spd stick

Lexus GX470: V8 gas lover

Also, and despite the fact they share the same
chassis, the Prado is equipped with all the goodies
such as euro headlights/ tail lights, antenna, etc.,
ect., unlike the US gas version.

Forget the Tacoma or Tundra, can you get me a Hilux??

4runner or fortuner, you decide.

Check out the other models: