Alternator dont Charge - red warning lights are on

Kneale Brownson kneale at
Sat Nov 18 14:34:08 EST 2006

More can go wrong with an alternator than the regulator, you know.  I've
had a couple Audi alternators develop bad windings.  Continuous exposure to
wet settings lets the innards rust up and cause shortings between the
windings and the case.