Hydraulic pump cap tool

Kneale Brownson kneale at coslink.net
Sun Nov 19 13:34:52 EST 2006

The Bentley advises use of what's called a drag link socket.  They look
like   http://secure.data-comm.com/RB/Detail.bok?no=159848

The blade gets shortened a couple mm on each end and then will fit into the
big X on those mushroom caps.

Tightening probably won't do the trick because a leak usually means the
O-ring seal beneath the cap has become hard with age and no longer has the
resilience required to provide sealing.

I just purchased a bunch of seal kits for these pumps for ~$6 from