Do I want an Optima?

David Ullrich david.ullrich at
Sun Sep 17 18:47:10 EDT 2006

I would agree witht the others about Optimas being safe for in compartment
use as long as not over charged. But I would also concur with those who have
said they havent had much luck with them. I know several of my FLAPS and my
local Battery Plus store have stopped carrying them due to frequent failures
well within the the free replacement persiod. I personally have had very
good luck with them, but Ive only had 2 and both were red-tops bought back
in the mid 1990s and BOTH are still going strong over 10 years later. So,
newer ones may be of different quality. YMMV

1987 CGT 2.3