cooling fans stay on so long that they drain my battery

Eric Huppert ehuppert at
Sat Apr 7 16:16:46 EDT 2007

Check the temp sensor located on rear of water neck (two post). Can
temporarily disconnect one of the wires that go to the sensor while until
you straighten things out. Check sensor with DMM, you'll probably find
continuity when cold, hence making relay think car is still hot! system is
definitely necessary once we get into normal weather as it drops temps and
system pressure, Don't procrastinate on this! Could also be after-run relay
issue. Check out Scott mockrys site, has detailed trouble shooting for the
after run operation.

IIRC fans normally only run 5 minutes or so (depending on coolant temps)