quattro Digest, Vol 46, Issue 30

suffolkd at aol.com suffolkd at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 09:30:25 EDT 2007

A cracked wheel can leak air, but our 99 Avant suffers from flats all the time, as I suspect the valve stems.? ANY cheap tire should work from a tire chain.

Rims and such can be sourced at Audiworld, Audifans & motorgeek.com (kids parting cars)

Auto parts can be found in your state at http://www.autohausaz.com/

HTH - Scott by BOSTON

Have you actually verified that the rims are

the cause of the leak?  Go to a shop that

(preferably) doesn't sell tires and have them

check out the the rim tire combo. It could be

as simple as a bad valve core, or bad mounting

job. Worst case, would be a cracked rim, but

for safety's sake, if that is the case, you should

replace the rim anyway especially if they are