Kneale Brownson knealeski at
Wed Dec 12 14:10:06 PST 2007

Do the radiator hoses get hot enough to be uncomfortable to handle?

"Danton J.A. Cardoso" <djacardoso at> wrote:  OK, I have a coolant temperature gauge issue. Car is a 98 A4 with a 2.8 30
valve. The temperature gauge is buried at cold, however in stop/go it will
move up eventually to normal. This past summer (first one with the car), it
went to normal and no overheating. I get heat without a problem. Sender
was replaced, could it be the thermostat? How difficult?