Refinishing Alloy Wheels

DGraber460 at DGraber460 at
Wed Feb 21 23:20:35 EST 2007

Some years ago I had some Porsche wheels stripped by a company that
specialized in stripping and surface prep. They used walnut shell media and the
results were great, and yielded no metal removal or degradation.
I am no expert on metallurgy but I would not let anyone subject any of my
Audi alloys to 800 F. Forged wheels especially. Some lessor brands of less
costly alloy might survive unharmed, but I personally wouldn't risk it.