Sensor Pins for camshaft triggered ignition

Huw Powell audi at
Mon Jan 8 18:04:19 EST 2007

Attached photo are pins from post binders I used to use.  (hopefully
stripped from qlist copy)

about 2 cm long, 3-4 mm dia, unknown thread probably SAE on one end.
other end has inside thread, each binder also had an "end post" that was
rounded, not tapped.

I have about 8, if you want one or some or all to experiment with I'll
mail them to you.

The original product was from NEBS, I s'pose Staples/Office Max type
places might have something similar.  The binders were about $12 each.
I threw them all away when I realized the records in them were redundant
and never used (numerical file of old invoices).

Ben Swann wrote:

> Thanks - Right idea, but too big.  I need pins that are only about 2cm long if
> that and about 5mm dia.

Huw Powell