very cool..

Steve Sears steve.sears at
Wed Jan 24 09:34:32 EST 2007

I know what you mean - ever since I've been looking on eBay Germany for
parts for my old cars a number of those come up - the SB500 with the hand
shift are my personal fave.  The RT 125 is the most copied out of the DKW
range - after the war, it seemed that everybody, including Yamaha, Harley
Davidson, BSA and Mockba - made a copy of the RT 125.  DKW Geyer has some
info about the bikes and copies at: - we ran
similar story in an issue of the DKW Club newsletter a few years back.  The
winged logo on the tank looks more like the post-war MZ logo than the DKW
one.  If you're in the market, you could probably get one in europe and ship
it over for less than $10k
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes