Va Speeding Tax...

Tue Jul 10 22:51:56 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/10/2007 10:25:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
quattro-request at writes:

>  Hear, hear!  Of course the insurance companies are likely to be funding
> thing ... that or the "consultants" which are brought in to  implement the
> program ... tacking on their fee to the basic  penalties.
> What was it Thomas Jefferson wrote in the  Declaration of Independence?
> "Governments are instituted among Men,  deriving their just powers from the
> consent of the governed, -- That  whenever any Form of Government becomes
> destructive of these ends, it  is the Right of the People to alter or to
> abolish it, and to institute  new Government, laying its foundation on such
> principles and  organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem
> most likely  to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Hehe, yeah, probably the most  popular US law ever passed (well, second
to repealing prohibition!) was  lifting the 65 mph limit on rural

My favorite Jefferson quote: " That which you tax, you diminish; that which
you subsidize, you increase".
Tom Faust