brake pad wear indicator connector

Kent McLean kentmclean at
Sun Jul 29 17:05:00 EDT 2007

Jim Haseltine wrote:
> See the small square hole? There's another on the other side. There are
> a couple of lugs on the insert which lock into the holes. What you have
> to do is sort of 'rock' the inserted part of the plug from side to side
> (in line with the holes) while you pull.

Yiminy.  On the car, I thought maybe that was an alignment mark to which
to turn the connector before pulling.  Looking at the picture I can see
it is actually a hole.

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot later, after the engine bay cools down. (That
sucker stays hot for a long time; I wonder if my afterrun fan is working.)

Kent McLean
'91 200 TQA #1, for sale
'91 200 TQA #2, no name yet
'94 100 S Avant, "Moody"