83 Urq tranny compatibility w/4kq?

Vittorio Bares Vittorio.Bares at nuance.com
Mon Jun 11 08:13:02 EDT 2007

Thanks for the info.

I did end up picking up an 84 4kq tranny. I found another small
difference, which is the center diff locking mechanism on the earlier
4kq's was cable driven, not vacuum. This requires building a bracket.

We built one that would just keep the center diff locked always - its
removable in case we ever find the need.

Vittorio Bares
Senior Manager, DA
Professional Services