Brake upgrade questions

cody at cody at
Sat Mar 24 01:04:10 EDT 2007

Ok so I'm preparing to install a BIRA system 3 on an urS4. I was
wondering about fitment of the urS's old schtuff onto a 5ktq.
Possible? Easy? Worth it?

I'm not in a position to spend the kind of money needed to do a proper
brake upgrade, but since the old urS4 caliper brackets, calipers,
rotors, et al would be either free or close to it my little lightbulb
lit up. I'm sure I'd need 16" wheels... I could work on that, maybe
beg/borrow/steal a set I know of laying arround ;-).

-Cody Forbes