Seat heater element for urQ/Coupe

Louis-Alain Richard larichard at
Thu Mar 29 10:06:11 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

My 1983 urQ is now seat-heaterless. I have the old style switch with only
the "broil" position.

In a moment of genius, when I dismantled the 1986 Coupe GT last fall, I kept
both front seats. Maybe I was dreaming of a front gallery with these
gray-cloth perchs for beer drinking ? I don't know why, Honey doesn't think
it is a good idea. while baby Estelle adores the seats while making
vrooooom-vroooom noises.

 Now, before I attack this job (dismantling the seats), do you think these
newer element will work in my old car ? Next question is : will my still
nice looking zebra-cloth seats look no so nice after the swap ?

Louis-Alain, with a cold bun these days.