Type-44 cruise control connecting rod

Kneale Brownson knealeski at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 6 14:42:31 EDT 2007

The cruise control bushing is NOT available as a Type 44 separate part, but it IS available as a V8 part.  The number is 811 907 423. 

Ameer Antar <antar at comcast.net> wrote:
  I'm trying to fix my cruise control system, but the rubber bushing on the
connecting rod is rotted out. I've even put in a used one in decent shape, but
the same thing happened to it. I guess it's just to hot under the hood above
the turbo. The dealer doesn't sell it apart from the entire rod, and that's
about $100. Has anyone out there found a good fix for the rotting rubber
bushing? TIA.

More information about the quattro mailing list