Subject: Re: gti mileage

Richard J Lebens rick-l at
Mon May 7 12:39:15 EDT 2007

> Isn't all that sort of anal?  I don't get it.  Why all the bother?

It isn't all that time consuming.  I always pay at the pump and before I leave I scratch the mileage on the receipt and throw it in the glove box.  When a few build up I take them in and enter them on an XL spreadsheet.  Not that big a deal but I use XL every day at work.
How many times do hear someone say something like;
 "I got 50 miles per gallon on the highway".  You press him a little and find out he did that calculation in his head while at the gas pump filling up with a 1/4 tank.
or "I'm getting horrible gas mileage, there's something wrong".  How horrible and what kind of a change and when was it?

Do You Yahoo!?