Corroded NG engine-to-heater pipe

Wayne Reser popflyz at
Wed May 30 13:10:11 EDT 2007

CGT #1 began leaking coolant the other day.  Got under the hood yesterday and found that corrosion had eaten the end of the engine-to-heater pipe. AFAICT, ETKA did not show that pipe listed as a part for the NG engine. What's worse, the pipe seems to be welded to the engine block with no (simple) way to remove it. I suppose I could bypass the pipe with a length of hose but what to do about the attached pipe?
  Any BTDTs?
  87 CGT SB Tornado Red
  87 CGT SB Anthracite Black
  86 CGT CE Graphite