Smashed A4

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at
Tue Oct 16 08:45:42 PDT 2007

My wife was rear-ended on Friday while driving my A4 to work. No injuries, it was a low-speed collision. Pictures are at -

Damage estimate is $3k. Repair guy told me that to fix the quarter-panel, they cut the entire panel out starting from about 1/3 of the way up the C-pillar.... THAT ought to make for an interesting repair. Of course, my daughter said, 'Will there be a line there?'.  ;-)

So anyone ever had that type of repair done to their car?? The shop it is at has a very good rep (and also a 6-week backlog!).

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 - dented
Central NJ USA