Battery drain?

Fred Munro munrof at
Tue Sep 4 13:21:22 EDT 2007

I had a battery drain problem with my '94 UrS4 with it drawing 280 mA. I
traced the problem to a bad window auto-close relay. Once fixed, the car
drew 10 mA with a 20 mA spike every 5 seconds for the alarm system. 450 mA
is way too much for a static current draw.

Fred Munro
'97 S6

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at
[mailto:quattro-bounces at]On Behalf Of Rocket Science Racing
Sent: September 3, 2007 9:30 PM
To: quattro at
Subject: Battery drain?

On my 2001 S4 I'm measuring 450mA current drain on the battery with the car
off, all doors closed, lights off, etc.

Too much? Just right? Seems a bit much. My battery is draining and before I
replace it inquiring minds want to know (alternator appears OK with 13.8V on
the battery with the engine on).

quattro mailing list
quattro at
Watch this space for ads :)