Interior Plastic Coating - Nobody Knows?

Ado Sigal a.sigal at
Fri Sep 7 14:31:56 EDT 2007

Plastic paints are usually material specific, so if you find what 
plastic it is, you can get the paint for it. Best is to look in tuning 
shops, they usually have good selection of car interiour paints.


Dan DiBiase wrote:

>Bob Gregory <rggpa1 at> wrote: Various interior plastic interior parts (black) on various members of
>my current "fleet" have a black coating peeling off, revealing the
>black plastic underneath.  The coating is obviously there to add a
>satin, slightly soft feel to the otherwise shinier, harder plastic. 
>OK, fine.  But what is it?  Urethane paint? Can it be purchased and the part refinished?  Spray bomb?
>Bob, I know exactly what you're referring to, I have had several switches on my car replaced by the dealer under warranty for this issue. However, I'd also like to know if there is something that can be put on to replace it, as my cigar lighter is peeling and Audi no longer makes the 'flip-over' hidden lighter, so I don't want to have it replaced with a fixed one.
>Dan D
>'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
>Central NJ USA

More information about the quattro mailing list