Diff lock actuator alternative from MB W123

Louis-Alain Richard laraa at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 26 18:38:06 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I just received today these 2 door lock actuator from a Mercedes-Benz (W123
 and they look they will easily replace the leaking diff lock actuators on
my urQ. Here in Canada, this part is over 250$ at the dealer.

I will have to thread the shaft to install the Audi u-shaped bracket, and
the 3rd hole will not line up readily, but these are easy mods to perform.
The plastic adaptors are easily removed to expose the shaft.

I don't know how much they are in the USA, but if you want to get new ones,
this guy sells them for 40$ each.

Now, maybe they are not as durable as the white-plastic Audi version, but
both are made from the same company, the one whose logo is an A.

Anyone knows if white=nylon and black=plastic ?

1983 urQ