Interpreting car codes- what do I need? Cheapo Audi/VW code reader

J123fs at J123fs at
Thu Apr 3 16:07:41 PDT 2008

As a matter of fact you can in fact buy a VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat capable code
reader at some FLAPS or off Ebay for short money. I bought one for 29.99 (5
bucks shipping) off of Ebay that reads codes and resets service and airbag  idiot
lights - and works just fine on both my V8 and my wife's brand new A4  - .
Though mine needed a adaptor (cost 20 bucks) to work with the older
Not so sure I would buy a PC/software based unit for 10 times the money
after seeing that the cheapo reader works just fine.
My only complaint is that they did not supply a COMPLETE list of codes  which
I found somewhere on the Internet for free.
In a message dated 4/3/2008 2:00:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,