instrument cluster center display

Kent McLean kentmclean at
Tue Apr 8 16:32:21 PDT 2008

B T wrote:
> anyone have a functioning LED center thing that read
> fuel miles to go etc that will fit an 2000 audi a4 ?

Good luck with that.  The center info display (I don't know the name for
it, either) is a common source of failure.  These guys rebuild the guages
in the cluster, but they don't work on the center display.

The only option right now is an OEM replacement cluster. Ka-Ching!

Kent McLean
'99 A4 Avant, w/ quattro, V6, Tiptronic, :)
'91 200 TQA #1, backup car
gone but not forgotten:
'94 100 S Avant, "Moody", now with new owner
'91 200 TQA #2, up in smoke 2
'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy", up in smoke