15" tire size on 90q

Mark J. Besso mbspeed at maxboostracing.com
Thu Apr 10 17:58:03 PDT 2008

They do appear slightly shorter and leave more of the wheelwell exposed.
 That reduced height also makes for an inaccurate speedometer by 10%-12%.

I've since gone to 17x7.5" wheels with a 25mm offset.  I chickened out on
staying with the 215mm cross-section and went with 205/40-17.  There's more
than enough room for the 215/40-17 so that's the size I'll go to when these
wear out.  As Grant says, that extra width would've provided some good
protection for the rims.

    (Sorry, really bad picture!)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:38:23 -0400
  Grant Lenahan <glenahan at vfemail.net> wrote:

  A slightly larger tire does protect wheels from bends....
  I do it all the time. nto a bad alternative if it fits.