Is it possible..

Cody Forbes cody at
Fri Apr 25 18:01:54 PDT 2008 change that freeze plug with the hose nipple on a turbo 10v engine in situ?

I had brazed an AN fitting to mine before assembling this engine. Tonight I slipped with a wrench and cracked the brazing. No way to get a torch in there to repair the weld, so I need to replace the freeze plug (and this time TIG the AN fitting on). Looking at it though it seems like the most realistic way to get that freeze plug out involves everything shy of pulling the engine.

-Cody Forbes
'87 5ktq - Fast.... but lacking the ability to contain coolant
'87 5ktq QLCC'd plus some
'86 5ktqCD
'86 5k
'86 5k