Exhaust Manifold in-car removal

Alan Pritchard alan.pritchard at rm-electrical.com
Mon Aug 4 07:48:09 PDT 2008

On the non turbo cars I always found it much easier to take the inlet manifold of first. The job is still a nightmare though, youll find the nuts rusted,rounded and generally hard to remove. Have a few imperial sockets slightly smaller than the stock 10??? Mm nuts. If you have a car with a removable front panel that is a godsend as it allows you to get to at least the first 3 cylinders much easier.