No spark UPDATE

John Lagnese jlagnese at
Sat Dec 13 12:53:04 PST 2008

From: Bares, Vittorio [mailto:Vittorio.Bares at]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:36 PM
To: John Lagnese; 200q20v; quattro at
Subject: RE: No spark

Would a bad hall sensor do that?

Vittorio -

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at]
On Behalf Of John Lagnese
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:25 PM
To: '200q20v'; quattro at
Subject: No spark

My 91 200 TQ 20V with about 140K has no spark. My kid was driving it and
he said it just stalled and wouldn't restart. He had it towed back. It
started once, went to 1500 rpm and died.

I changed the cap and rotor with new Bosch parts, and replaced the plugs
with Autolite double platinum. (What I had been using.)

Still no start, so I checked and found no spark from the coil wire. The
coil checked out to Bentley spec. There was also 12V to the coil.

What would be some other likely suspects?

I just had the timing belt changed within 1000 miles.

quattro mailing list
quattro at
Watch this space for ads :)