Anyone have a CQ (7A) busted transmission laying around?

spectrum specproto at
Thu Dec 18 04:18:42 PST 2008

Not close by, I'm in detroit, but I may have one.

--- On Wed, 12/17/08, Max Baker <max at> wrote:

From: Max Baker <max at>
Subject: Anyone have a CQ (7A) busted transmission laying around?
To: "quattro list" <quattro at>
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 4:41 PM

Hi List,

So my buddy was trying to open the fill plug for me to check the tranny
oil level, since the car has been shifting rough lately and I was worried.
The fill plug was fused in there, and in trying to get it out we've
managed to crack the diff housing on the drivers side.

Does anyone have a busted tranny case for a 90 CQ that they want to part
out, and happens to be in the SF Bay Area?  if not the whole case,  just
that driver's-side diff housing is all I need.  I'm assuming that I can

just reuse the shim that's in there and it'll be good enough.

This was in preparation to go up to the mountains for the family
christmas this weekend.  ugh.

quattro mailing list
quattro at
Watch this space for ads :)