Throwing in the towel

Max Hoepli mhoepli at
Wed Jan 23 18:13:57 PST 2008

Make sure to keep firm pressure on the Philips screw driver so as not round
out the screw head, only need to turn ~ once, enough to pull of assembly,
will be wires plugged in clusters on the back. \

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at] On
Behalf Of frank j. bauer
Sent: January 23, 2008 20:41
To: Rick Cone
Cc: quattro at
Subject: Re: Throwing in the towel

i don't have the bentley handy so here's the best i can remember:
there is an elliptical hole on the bottom of the steering column.
put a long phillips #2 screwdriver in there with the tip pointing up and
to the left at an angle.
this screw should loosen a collar and allow you to slide the subassembly
hope i got it right...

Rick Cone wrote:
> Okay, I'm trying to change the ignition switch on my 200 turbo quattro.
How to you get the tumbler out of the steering column?  I got the switch
loose from the column, but I can't seem to get it out.  I need to drill out
two pins so I can replace the electrical part of the switch.
> Thanks,
> Rick

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:24 AM