Out-of-State Car Transport

George Selby gselby4x4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 13:14:49 PDT 2008

At 02:58 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:
>I found that Virginia offers a trip permit but only for in-state 
>residents or for folks who will register there vehicle in Virginia.

Normally, you would have to get the temp plate from the state where 
the vehicle will be registered.  In this case that would be NY.  As 
to loaning your plates, I would strongly advise against that.  I have 
done it in the past, and the return of your plates never seems to be 
that high of a priority of the buyer.  So I stopped doing it.

George Selby 

More information about the quattro mailing list