Out-of-State Car Transport

Taka Mizutani t44tqtro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:39:53 PDT 2008

Yeah, but if you bought the car in NY, you need a NY transit tag, not a NJ

NJ definitely issues transit tags- I see them all the time on the road.

I would not give the buyer your tags (directed to the OP), let him/her
figure out the issue.


On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I bought a car in New York about 18 months ago. The only option I had for
> NJ was to actually register the car and get regular plates for it. No
> transport plates or temp tags. Fortunately, the seller had given me the
> title (signed it over to me with a $100 deposit!) so I was able to do that
> before we went back and picked up the car. My other option was going to be
> taking the plates off my car and slapping them on for the 90 minute
> ride home. I suppose he could do that as well, and just not get stopped.
> ;-)
> I would leave the details to the buyer. After all, it's HIS car now, or
> will be shortly!

More information about the quattro mailing list