Replace 1 spring or both?

Andrew Duane aduane at
Thu Jun 26 10:49:25 PDT 2008

My mother's 1997 A4Q has a broken rear spring. I'm getting an estimate
on replacing it with a used one from Chris at Force5 Auto, but the
mechanic mentioned that it might be best to replace both because of
sagging. If I was using a new spring, that would make sense. Would it
also if I was getting a similar vintage used spring? BTW, are the right
and left rear springs the same part?

Andrew Duane             Juniper Networks
978-589-0551             10 Technology Park Dr
aduane at       Westford, MA  01886-3418