Brake Fluid Testing strips

Vittorio Bares Vittorio.Bares at
Mon Mar 31 12:47:52 PDT 2008

Ok - while we're on the subject - how much should one expect to spend on
one and are there preferred products?

Vittorio -

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Bill Shaw
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 3:46 PM
To: quattro at
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Testing strips

> From: "Mark R" wrote:
> Grant, I beg to differ... continuous (not hand pump) vacuum is the
> but pressure is easier.  I recommend vacula's products to those with
> air, and that's what I use.  A good example is:  Pressure is
> bad for reservoir seals, where vacuum is completely safe there.
> motive is a good way to go.
> And you're right, most clubs require fluid to be less than 2 years old
> run on the track.  Of course, some have no rules, and others are
> =)
> Mark
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Grant Lenahan <glenahan at>
> wrote:
> get a power ( pressure) bleeder - its great.  Much safer than vacuum,
> much easier than old-fashioned
> Grant
I've used a Motive pressure bleeder for years - change the brake fluid
twice per season on the 928 track car,  changed MANY others also.  Can't
count how many times I've done it,  maybe a hundred times. Did the a6qa
when I first got it,  too.  Never had a problem,  I keep the pressure to
about 10 pounds.  I can change the fluid in the 928 in about 1/2 hour,
from the time I start to torquing the wheels and putting it back on the
ground,  including the clutch fluid.

quattro mailing list
quattro at
Watch this space for ads :)