Bares, Vittorio Vittorio.Bares at
Fri May 2 05:43:12 PDT 2008

I guess I've got newstalgia - going to do a 3B upgrade to the rally car
this fall - trying to keep the 200 10v wagon running and 4kq MC1
conversion till the 3B gets in there...My son didn't heed the warnings
and is keeping a 95 90 on the road - loving it when it runs well, hating
it when he's replacing parts - ah the 4 rings of pleasure and pain...

Vittorio -
-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at [mailto:quattro-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Steve Marinello
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 8:18 AM
To: Robert Myers
Cc: quattro at
Subject: Re: Nostalgia

Yes, there are still some of us around from the
original ur-list.  I've even still got the '83 urq stuck in the garage
with its' list of unresolved problems and upgrades...and a 16 year old
son lamenting that I don't get it out enough.  And that's sort of how it

seems to have gone.  Now the S6 sits and waits for work to be done while

I drive the GTI, which I certainly don't like as much as either of the
other two, but who has the time to enjoy them anymore.

I think the East Coast mafia has it better than most of us...there is a
relatively connected group of mildly insane people that keep the spirit
waving, even if they are mostly a lot younger than I am.  And we all
have the common bitch about what Audi has become, impressive
technological advances aside...

I miss Satch and Phil...and even the occasional flaming explosions on