emissions repair questions for an 87 5ktcs

Ben Swann benswann at verizon.net
Mon May 5 18:09:46 PDT 2008

The buzzing is the frequency valve trying to compensate for fuel – probably perceives
too lean.   I’d suspect the o2 sensor – replace it as due course anyway.

This car sounds like it needs a full tunup both ignition-wise and a good going over with
replacing vacuum lines.  These are pretty typical items to address when you get one of
these cars from someone who did not go overboard on maintenance.